Hydraulic Oil Users – let’s talk about lubricants! Lubricants not only lubricate and protect but, in some instances, they also power machinery.
What’s more? Lubricants are used in a variety of applications and industries ranging from trucks, cars, and motor bikes to mining and industrial machinery to even used households.
Therefore, when utilising lubricants, it’s essential to understand their types, components, applications, and major benefits!
Essential and Must Know Facts about Lubricants for Hydraulic Oil Users:
- Used in a variety of applications.
- Consist of Oils, Grease, Penetrating and Dry Lubricating products
- Made by ‘Blenders’ or ‘Oil Marketers’ to specific, yet secret formulations.
- Are sold in different configurations (i.e., oil sold in litres, grease sold in kilograms).
- Should always be checked to ensure they used in the correct application.
|What are the types of lubricants?||What industries are Lubricants used?||What do Lubricants consist of?|
What are the major benefit of Lubricants?
- Optimise the performance of virtually any machine.
- Reduce friction and/or any heat generated.
- Dampen noise and vibration.
- Optimise motion between friction surfaces.
- Protect components from wear and corrosion.
- Can be a medium used to convey/transmit power.
- Readily available via a variety of distribution
- Continually evolving to meet Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and/or industry requirements.
To wrap up and an important reminder to Hydraulic Oil Users:
- Always handle any lubricant with care.
- Always check the application where the lubricant is being used – remembering that different applications require different lubricants.
- Different lubricants have different manufacturing processes.
- Lubricants are marketed by Specifications, Recommendations and/or Approvals; and,
- A lubricant approval is where an OEM officially approves and acknowledges a ‘lubricant’ as being totally suited for that particular piece of equipment.
Finally, and if in doubt, check the safety data sheet.
If you’d like further information about lubricants, please contact the RYCO Product Team in your region, by clicking here.
Stay in the RYCO KNOW HOW
To learn more about RYCO products, news and events, sign up to our newsletter here.