The introduction of hydraulic systems within the agricultural industry have changed the way farms traditionally operate. In the early days of farming, heavy lifting, and majority of agricultural practices were accomplished with manpower. In today’s agriculture market segment using unwarranted labour can be considered as timely, costly and an inefficient way of farming. The inception of tractors, planters and other hydraulic machinery have made it easier for farmers as they can reduce costs on labour, produce a maximum yield and accomplish many tasks with precision, efficiency, and safety.
Benefits of Hydraulics Machinery within Agriculture
Hydraulic machinery within the agricultural industry has numerous benefits that can now sometimes be taken for granted. Benefits of hydraulic machinery within Agriculture:
- Reduction in Manual Labour
- Minimised Risk of Injury
- Maximise Yield Capacity
- High Productivity
- Ease of Repair to Machinery
A decrease in the demand for labour and an increase in demand for high quality hydraulic products is where the focus began to shift with the introduction of these machines within the agricultural industry. Everyone wants products that will last and perform the best, especially when thinking about the harsh environment farming equipment endure daily. This is where RYCO fits in.
Long Rich History
Since our establishment in 1946, RYCO has seen a lot of changes to modern machinery and how they have been implemented to assist with agricultural workflows. Being involved in this space for such a period, RYCO knows the demand that clients have for the highest quality of hoses and fittings at a reasonable price. RYCO have made it a goal to create products that can work in the harshest conditions, be replaceable in the field, or be quick release. This means for farmers they have the potential to maintain workflows, downtime and make repairs in the field with little effort. A RYCO product fitted to any tractor, sprayer or grader can ensure machines are kept up and running with minimal service periods and the highest of hydraulic performance with minimal potential for breakdown.
Just some of the RYCO products that are implemented within the agriculture industry:
RYCO product applications within agriculture industry:
- Graders are used for track maintenance of gravel roads. These hydraulic machines use fluid power to alter the height or angle of the blade, loader bucket or ripper assembly. A RYCO ENERGY hose is ideal for this machine as it is designed with high tensile steel wire that is specifically formulated with a back synthetic cover to withstand the harshest of agricultural conditions.
- Sprayers are used for consistent delivery of pesticides fertilizers, and other agricultural chemicals. The RYCO Thread ID Kit can assist with identifying hydraulic threads and connectors on the spot. This kit makes identifying correct thread and repair parts easy so will have you up and running in no time.
- Combine harvesters, as the name indicates, these machines are used for harvesting. Combine harvesters are generally used for harvesting wheat, canola, and barley, producing a flat and consistent crop flow. A RYCO Quick Release Coupling is designed with heavy duty plating, ideal for interchangeable applications and quick to disconnect and quick to connect. This product will minimise any downtime in the unfortunate situation of a hydraulic failure, you can connect and go.
- Tractors, an essential piece of hydraulic machinery for any farm. These machines are be used mainly for clearing land, shifting bulky objects, cultivating, livestock care and feeding. A RYCO Field Attachable Coupling is designed with heavy duty plating ideal for quick repairs in the field and will reduce downtime, as they require a swaging machine is not required to assemble them onto hoses.
Discover more about our product offering within the Agriculture sector. Read our RYCO Agriculture Capability Profile.
Stay in the RYCO KNOW HOW
To learn more about RYCO products, news and events, sign up to our newsletter here.