The RYCO CROC System is a 3-in-1 safety device and works as a burst suppressor, whip check, and protects the hose from abrasion. It also provides a cost effective method of bundling hoses together, while providing abrasion resistance to the bundle.
Why is it necessary?
(MDG 41, Clause 188.8.131.52.)
What are the RYCO CROC System’s components?
- CROCSTOP: The RYCO CROCSTOP allows quick and easy inspection of the hose assembly without having to disconnect the hose assembly in its entirety. It also acts as a whip check to contain hose and couplings within the sleeve in the event of separation.
- CROCSLEEVE: The CROCSLEEVE component of the CROC system helps to protect the hose assembly from damage caused by aggressive or excessive abrasion that can lead to premature hose assembly failure. Available in two colours: black and red.
- CROCTOOTH: CROCTOOTH is designed to reduce the chance of chemical and oil spills, and to create a workspace that is both clean and safe. It is quick and easy to install with no additional tools required for assembly. It is also reusable, easy to wipe clean, resistant to most oils and chemicals, and easy to recognise with its distinctive orange colour.
- CROCGRIP: The CROCGRIP allows for the use of multiple hose sizes in a single bundling set. Using CROCGRIP allows you to perform a replacement on a single hose assembly from a set. This saves you both money and downtime.
- CROCSTOP TOOL: RCST-TOOL is used to secure the CROCSLEEVE on to the CROCSTOP device using the CROCSTOP TIE. Assembly and disassembly of the CROCSTOP can be performed efficiently using minimal effort using this tool, which allows you to easily change and identify your hoses.
- CROCSTOP TIE: RCSTD TIE is a specially designed stainless steel tie that is used to hold the CROCSTOP system tightly together to ensure secure attachment of the CROCSTOP energy diffusion system. These stainless steel ties are easy to install and remove from the assembly.
Why CROC System?
- CROC System is MDG 41 compliant and allows easy assessment.
- Reliable and easy to assemble and take apart with only a few basic tools.
- Allows full visual verification if hose failure occurs.
- Offers hose assembly bundling solution.
The CROC System is matched to RYCO couplings and can be installed on new RYCO hose assemblies, or retrofitted to RYCO hose assemblies that are already in service.