RYCO offer the largest range of adaptors providing port-to-port solutions to meet your needs. No matter what adaptor you require, RYCO will connect you!
What is an Adaptor?
Adaptors connect different components within a hydraulic system, and are typically used to overcome difficulties with routing, or to enable connections between different termination types.
They primarily have two key functions:
- HOLD fluid system components together under pressure;
- SEAL the fluid within the fluid system.
Adaptors are used for connecting any of the following to each other:
- Hose Assemblies
- Tube or Pipe
- Other Hydraulic Components
Features & Benefits
RYCO adaptors enable connections via the change of the termination size, termination type or termination direction (routing). They have many key features including the following:
- Versatility – Adaptors overcome difficulties with routing or enable connections between different termination types.
- Adaptability – RYCO adaptors are used to connect to different directions, genders and threads.
- RYCOTE – The RYCOTE system is an environmentally friendly plating technology that achieves even greater performance. RYCOTE exceeds national and international standards – up to 500+ hours to Red Rust.
- RYCO Quality – RYCO designs, develops and manufactures our own products.
Our adaptors provide Higher Technology and Greater Performance and our extensive range of end styles includes: BSP & BSPP, NPT / NPSM, JIC, METRIC, ORFS, SAE Threads, UNO (O RING BOSS), SUPERLOK, and RYCO WEO and many more.
What defines some of these end styles:
- BSP – British Standard Pipe also known as Whitworth 55° Thread Form. These threadsare similar in function to NPT threads, but are generally not interchangeable.
- NPT / NPSM – NPSM is a companion thread to NPT. It is a female swivel connection with a parallel thread to allow the male NPT to fully engage with the 30-degree sealing face.
- Metric – Metric threads are used as both general adaptors and as port adaptors.
Adaptor Performance Specifications
Many standards exist for adaptors. Sometimes linked to origin of connection:
- SAE – Society of Automotive Engineers (USA): NPT, JIC, UNO, ORFS, SAE FLANGE
- DIN/EN – Deutsche Industry Norme (Europe): DKL/DKOL, DKS/DKOS
- BS – British Standards: BSPT, BSPP
- ISO – International Organization for Standardization