Have you ever wondered what a wire broad hose is? It’s a hydraulic hose with braid reinforcements designed for systems which transfer power via fluid at medium to high pressures. RYCO Hydraulics offers a premium wire braid hose range such as ISOBARIC Braid, Traditional Braid, Speciality Braid and High Temperature Braid, just to name a few. What’s more? The wire braid hoses cover a broad scope of industries – Mining, Agriculture, Construction, Forestry and much more.
The major benefits of a RYCO wire braid hose include:
- High flexibility
- Small bend radius
- Large range of third-party approvals
- Abrasion and weather resistant cover
- Matched to popular RYCO Couplings
So, how does RYCO construct a wire braid hose to maximise these benefits for our customers?
Construction of a Wire Braid Hose
- Inner Tube / Liner
- Suitable for fluid types and temperatures of fluid.
- Commonly Nitrile (Buna N) base for hydraulic hose.
- Other compounds available for extreme temperature or fluid compatibility applications.
- 1 or 2 layers of Medium-High Tensile steel wire to provide pressure retention capability.
- Braids separated by Insulation rubber (multi-braid hoses only).
- Hose Cover
- Protects the reinforcement from abrasion, impact, and weather (UV, Ozone).
- Various compounds based on features required (MSHA, FRAS, Abrasion Resistant, Temperature).
- Provides surface for branding identification.
Whether you are looking for an ISOBARIC Braid, Traditional Braid, Speciality Braid and High Temperature Braid, , the premium components of RYCO Hydraulics hydraulic hoses have your requirements fully covered! RYCO offer many different hose types and pressure ranges to suit a wide variety of applications.
Stay in the RYCO KNOW HOW
To learn more about RYCO products, news and events, sign up to our newsletter here.