J-LOK Flareless Tube Fittings
S134 Series J-LOK Flareless Tube Fittings
- Ensure that the wall thickness of the tubing is of the approved gauge.
- See S134 J-LOK & Tubing Selection Table page 411.
- Cut the tube to required length. Ensure that the tube is cut squarely.
- A tube cutter is preferred, however a hacksaw or abrasive drop saw may be used providing the cut is square and clean.
- Deburr inner and outer edges of tube.
- Remove dirt, grit and cutting debris from the inside and outside of the tube.
- Lubricate the mating surfaces of the S134 J-LOK Flareless Olive and Nut with assembly oil or hydraulic oil.
- Ensure that the teeth inside the Flareless Olive are well lubricated.
- Slide the S134 Nut on to the tube, so that the thread of the Nut faces towards the end of the tube.
- Then slide the S134 Flareless Olive onto the tube.
- The outside chamfered end must be adjacent to the S134 Nut, and the inside chamfered end must face towards the end of the tube.
- Butt the tube end against the JIC male seat.
- With the tube held against the JIC male seat, slide the S134 Nut and Flareless Olive along the tube, until the Flareless Olive mates with the JIC male seat, and the S134 Nut mates with the JIC male thread.
- Engage the thread of the S134 Nut with the mating JIC male thread, while holding the tube against the JIC male seat. Prevent the tube from rotating.
- When the S134 Nut cannot be further tightened by hand onto the JIC male thread, place a mark on collar of the S134 Nut, and an adjacent mark on the JIC male hex.
- Hold the JIC male hex stationary and further tighten the S134 Nut by spanner, rotating it 1¼ turns. Use the marks from STEP 5 as a reference.
- Ensure the tube is always held against the JIC male seat and prevent the tube from rotating.
- If the connection is to be undone and then reassembled
- First tighten the S134 Nut onto the JIC male thread by hand. When the S134 Nut cannot be further hand tightened, tighten it with a spanner one more hex flat (1/6 of a turn).
- RYCO S134 J-LOKs may be reassembled in this manner approximately ten times.
|TUBE DIMENSIONS inch||TUBE DIMENSIONS mm||MAXIMUM DYNAMIC
|S134-0704||1/4 x 20G||0.250||0.035||0.180||6,35||0,91||4,53||238||3450|
|S134-0906||3/8 x 18G||0.375||0.049||0.277||9,53||1,22||7,09||252||3650|
|S134-0906||3/8 x 16G||0.375||0.065||0.245||9,53||1,63||6,27||310||4500|
|S134-1208||1/2 x 18G||0.500||0.049||0.402||12,70||1,22||10,26||183||2650|
|S134-1208||1/2 x 16G||0.500||0.065||0.370||12,70||1,63||9,44||252||3650|
|S134-1410||5/8 x 16G||0.625||0.065||0.495||15,88||1,63||12,62||197||2850|
|S134-1410||5/8 x 14G||0.625||0.080||0.465||15,88||2,03||11,82||207||3000|
|S134-1712||3/4 x 16G||0.750||0.065||0.620||19,05||1,63||15,79||162||2350|
|S134-1712||3/4 x 14G||0.750||0.080||0.590||19,05||2,03||14,99||207||3000|
|S134-2116||1 x 14G||1.000||0.080||0.840||25,40||2,03||21,34||152||2200|
|S134-2116||1 x 12G||1.000||0.104||0.792||25,40||2,64||20,12||193||2800|