Separation Of Ends Of Twin Hose
Separation Of The Ends Of TP7T, TP7TN, TP8T & TP8TN Twin Hose
- Cut hose to length required using a sharp knife.
- Ensure hose is cut squarely.
- Clean hose bore.
- Arrange the end of the twin line hose so that it is lying straight and flat, resting on the bottom of both hoses, on a horizontal work surface.
- Mark the length to be separated on the cover of the hoses.
- The separation length required may vary depending on the crimper being used.
- Separation length must allow each hose end to be inserted into the crimper without kinking the other hose.
- Hold the hoses flat on the work bench, and lightly score along the join between the two hoses with a blunt knife.
- Keep the knife vertical to avoid cover damage.
- It may be necessary to score along the join several times.
- Take care not to damage the covers of the hoses.
- Turn the hose over and repeat the above to score the other side of the join.
- The hoses will now be able to be separated by pulling apart.
- Inspect the covers to ensure there is no damage, if the cover is cut or the reinforcement is exposed, the hoses must not be used.
Step Four, Five, Six:
- Follow Steps Two, Three and Four of *BITELOK Non-Skive Hose Assembly for each end of the hose.
- After crimping the couplings, the hoses can be tied together at the separation area with tape or a cable tie to prevent the hoses becoming further separated accidentally.