T7000 Couplings With Skive Hose
RYCO T7000 Series Couplings With RYCO Skive Hose
- Cut hose to length required using a cut-off saw.
- Ensure hose is cut squarely.
- Clean hose bore.
- Mark the Skive Length onto the hose. (Refer to “RYCO Crimp Chart”).
- Cut rubber cover around and down to wire reinforcement then slit lengthwise.
- Raise flap and pull off with pliers.
- Measure coupling insertion depth and add a Mark Length Line on the outer cover as shown.
- Push hose into the fitting (lightly lubricate the hose bore only if necessary as excess lubrication may reduce hose assembly impulse life) until the mark on the hose is even with the end of the ferrule.
Note: Push the hose all the way into the fitting.
Note: Do not use lubricant for hose to be used with volatile gases.
- Place assembled end into jaws of crimp machine.
- Operate machine to crimp ferrule to predetermined diameter. (Refer to “RYCO Crimp Chart”).
- Open crimp machine and remove assembly.
- Check crimp diameter with caliper or micrometer.
- Crimp diameter should be measured halfway along the ferrule.
- Measure between the ridges, and make sure that the caliper fingers do not touch the ridges.
- Check that the ferrule still completely covers the skived part of the hose to ensure coupling has not moved during crimping.
Extra special care must be exercised in the preparation, assembly and crimping of these fittings due to the very high pressures and end loads encountered.
The latest Mark or Skive Lengths and Crimp Diameters are available within our RYCO Crimp Chart.